Two more cases of Congo virus registered in Quetta
Samples of their blood have been sent for PCR Tests to Karachi as Quetta lacks facilities to conduct the test. The Fatima Jinnah General and Chest Hospital has four patients under treatment for the virus. Hospital administration confirmed that their health was improving.
Death toll from the Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever or Congo virus in Pakistan has climbed to 19 this year, with five deaths reported in Karachi, twelve in Quetta and two in Bahawalpur, Geo News reported.
Congo virus is a viral disease that commonly spreads by ticks found on hairy animals. With Eid-ul-Azha almost upon us, health experts are advising citizens to take special preventive measures to avoid contracting the virus.
- Taliban hails US troop drawdown from Afghanistan10:29 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:55 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 January 202108:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021