Census 2017: Report reveals three percent decline in Punjab’s population
ISLAMABAD - Tentative results of the 6th population census of the country presented before the Council of Common Interests (CCI) on Friday revealed that the overall population of Punjab witnessed three percent decrease.
According to sources, Punjab will lose its share in National Commission Award while share of smaller provinces like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan will increase due to rise in population.
The report further revealed that population of federal capital has reached up to 2 million as it was 0.8 million in the last census.
Sources told Online that Pakistan Statistics Bureau presented the report which defines the population of the country as over 277 million, male population is over 106 million and female population has reached up to 101 million.
Male population has increased from female population while transgender population has counted 10,418. Houses have been counted over 32 million in the population census.
Total population of KP is over 30 million with 4.8 million houses, males are counted more than 15 million while female population of the province stood at over 12 million. 913 transgender have also been counted in the province.
Punjab again clinched the 1st position with 111 million population with over 117 million houses.
Sindh’s population counted as over 47 million while Balochistan again become at the last with over 12 million population.
FATA’s population has been counted almost five million.
Sources told that KP population witnessed surge and increased from 13.4 to 14.69 percent while ratio of FATA’s population remained stagnant on 2.4 percent.
Ratio of Punjab’s population decreased from 55.62 to 52.94 percent anyhow Punjab’s population has increased while ration of Sindh’s population has increased from 23 to 23.4 percent.
Baluchistan’s ratio increased from 4.96 to 5.94 percent and Islamabad’s population has increased from 0.6 to 0.96 percent.-Online
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: NDMA delivers 286 ventilators to federating units04:42 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020