CJP Saqib Nisar casts his vote in Lahore's NA-130
Speaking to media, the top judge of the Supreme Court remarked that a promise to hold the elections on July 25 was fulfilled. He urged the nation to come out for using their democratic right.
There will be supremacy of law and Constitution in the country, the chief justice said, besides expressing satisfaction over the arrangements for holding the elections.
There are 10 candidates contesting in NA 130 Lahore. The key participants from this constituency are Khwaja Ahmed Hassan from Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz , Shafqat Mehmood from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf , Liaqat Baloch from Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal , Hafeez Ur Rehman from Tehreek Labaik Pakistan , Muhammad Yameen Awan from Pak Sarzameen Party , Muhammad Mumtaz Khalid from Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarians.
Meanwhile, Justice Ijazul Ahsan also cast his vote.
President Mamnoon Hussain cast his vote at a polling station in NA-247 Karachi, South 2.
The key candidates in NA-247 are Dr Arif Alvi (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf), Afnan Ullah Khan (Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz), Dr Farooq Sattar (Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan) and Fauzia Kasuri (Pak Sarzameen Party).
Pakistan is holding general elections for which the polling procedure has started, with over 1,2000 candidates vying for 270 national and 570 provincial assembly seats.
As many as 105.96 million people will be able to use their right to vote from 8 am till 6 pm without any formal break. Twenty-three percent of the total voters would be taking part in the exercise for the first time.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021