Wake up world, over 8m Kashmiris under siege in occupied Kashmir: Pakistan PM
NEW YORK – Prime Minister Imran Khan says over eight million innocent Kashmiri people have been made hostage by the Indian forces in occupied Kashmir , while raising the question that if these people were European then what reaction was to be of the world community.
He was speaking at a dinner in the honour of Delegates of OIC Contact Group on the sidelines of 74th Session of the UN General Assembly in New York. The event was attended by foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
“We have to awaken the international community,” Khan said, adding if Kashmiris fight for their right, it is called terrorism and they are being oppressed because they are Muslims .
Under the curfew, the Pakistani premier said, there is an imminent risk of genocide of Kashmiri Muslims .
Atrocities being witnessed in the valley were never happened in the past, he continued.
Opening remarks by Prime Minister Imran Khan at dinner in honor of Heads of Delegation of #OIC Contact Group on Jammu & #Kashmir at #NewYork on the sidelines of 74th UNGA Session#APPNews@OIC_OCI @MoIB_Official @saminawaqar1
— APP (@appcsocialmedia) September 25, 2019
Khan said minorities including Muslims and Christians are not safe and they are being treated as inferior citizens.
The premier continued that the only reason the Kashmiris were locked up is because they are Muslims , adding that no Hindu-Kashmiris were locked up and were suffering. He further said that he had expected more than the response the international community has given regarding the Kashmir crisis.
UNGA 74: Pakistan, Turkey call for effective ... 06:23 PM | 25 Sep, 2019
NEW YORK – Prime Minister Imran Khan has called for effective measures to counter hate speech and Islamphobia at the ...
- Patient killed after Rescue 1122 ambulance falls into Muzaffargarh ...04:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan's rank drops by three spots in global corruption index04:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Gohar Rasheed to be a part of Nadeem Baig's London Nahi Jaunga01:37 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019