Mujras were being arranged for Saulat, MQM inmates: ex-minister Zulfiqar Mirza
Mirza told a private television that during the initial days of his two stints as the home minister, MQM workers were enjoying a lot of facilities under the patronage of many who were at the helm. But, he added, he transferred Saulat to Hyderabad jail at around 2:30 in the night when he learned that dances were arranged for the MQM inmates and dancers were called from South Africa.
Mirza said he did not back out of his decision even though there was a lot of pressure. He said he was the only person who stood against those mujra programmes and ordered a raid on the prison cell of Saulat Mirza from where land-grabbing business was being run.
Mirza also said MQM chief Altaf Hussain and Sindh Governor Ishratul Ebad had put pressure on him for transfer of Saulat Mirza from Hyberabd jail and also talked to PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari in this respect, but he made it clear that it would not happen during his stint as Sindh interior minister.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022