Zong 4G relieves customers from forced network shutdown
LAHORE - Zong 4G was victorious at the Islamabad High Court on the issue of suspension of services/network closures as a result of directives issued by PTA from time to time. The decision by Islamabad High Court also held that the Federal Government and Pakistan Telecommunication Authority are not vested with power and jurisdiction to suspend or cause the suspension of mobile cellular services or operations on the ground of national security except as provided under section 54(3) of the Pakistan Telecommunication (Re-organization) Act, 1996.
Moreover, the court accepted the plea of Zong 4G and held that actions, orders and directives issued by the Federal Government or the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority are inconsistent with the provisions of section 54(3) of Pakistan Telecommunication (Re-organization) Act, 1996 and are declared as illegal, ultra vires and without lawful authority and jurisdiction.
The suspension of mobile services is a cause of distress for the customers, especially in a time of a civil unrest. It is a time when they need the services the most to reach out to their loved ones. Owning to this need, Zong 4G has reaffirmed its position of putting its customers before all priorities. Through the unrelenting focus on customers’ needs, Zong 4G is leaving no stone unturned to ensure best, reliable and most affordable service delivery for its customers.
Zong 4G continues to build its network and services around the unique requirements of new-age data customers, balancing affordability with seamless connectivity.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020