Opposition senses Pakistan's sovereignty in danger under PTI regime
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, and others attended the meeting while Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) announced a five-member delegation for the meeting.
Baloch National Party-Mengal did not attend the opposition huddle.
According to a communique issued after the huddle, the opposition sensed the sovereignty of the country in danger owing to the decisions made by the incumbent government.
'The ruling PTI has been imposed on the public after worst electoral rigging,' stated a press release issued after the meeting.
It added that the economy of the country was crippling and the country was gearing up for a default.
'Faltering economy, social anxiety and foreign debts have accumulated to challenge the very existence of the country,' the communique stated.
Members of the opposition parties expressed their fears that as time passes, foreign debts would mount further, foreign currency reserves would be declined and exports would see a downfall to provide an opportunity to anti-state elements, dent the national interests.
The opposition parties observed that the country is being weakened on the economic front intentionally through a well-planned strategy, however, added that the parties would bolster the state institutions for protection of strategic assets and China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
Members of the opposition also took aim at the regime for flouting diplomatic norms during international conferences, calling upon the regime to beg apology for hurting the sentiments of public on issues related to religion.
Maulana Fazl had also extended invitation to Hasil Bizenjo, Sardar Akhtar Mengal, Mahmood Achakzai, Asfandyar Wali and Aftab Sherpao, Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal leaders Sajid Naqvi, Sajid Mir and Shah Owais Noorani.
On June 26, Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman announced to host an APC.
The opposition parties will also mull over on the change of Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani, preventing the budget from getting passed from both houses, anti-government movement and a possible lockdown of the capital city in the APC.
- Pakistan’s Taekwondo star Maham Aftab dies of brain tumour at age ...11:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Terror threats — Balochistan govt asks PDM to cancel Quetta rally10:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PCB relocates scheduled PSL, Zimbabwe matches from smog-hit Lahore09:48 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Raoof Hassan replaces Asim Saleem Bajwa as PM’s special assistant ...08:32 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran vows to bring Nawaz Sharif back from UK at all costs08:19 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020