PM Nawaz promises 'naya Khyber Pakhtunkhwa' in PTI-stronghold
"You want to see a new Pakistan, we want to see a new Khyber Pakhtunkhwa," the prime minister said while addressing a convention of PML-N workers in the provincial capital.
He maintained the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led (PTI) government in KP had been given every opportunity to solve the problems of the people, but it had failed.
He added the federal government has planned the construction of new universities in KP.
Claiming that the ongoing military operations in Karachi and North Waziristan were yielding positive results, the premier said the network of terrorists had been destroyed. “The whole world has acknowledged that Pakistan is sincere in its efforts to eradicate terrorism,” he added.
Nawaz also announced that the Afghan government was cooperating with Pakistan in the fight against terrorism. The government would redirect its attention to other matters once terrorism has been eliminated, he went on to say.
He further emphasised that the government was taking steps to overcome the electricity and gas crises plaguing the country.
Nawaz assured his commitment to resolve the power crisis, saying his government is set to achieve its targets in this regard. "We will ensure every house has electricity," he remarked.
National economy is being revived and international organisations including Moody's, International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Bloomberg have appreciated the economic achievements of the Pakistani government, he added.
He was optimistic that the government’s endeavours would help create more jobs.
On local government elections, Prime Minister Sharif said teams would be formed at the district level.
He also advised the president of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chapter of PML-N to appoint upright candidates to contest the KP local government elections.
The prime minister was accompanied by federal ministers Khawaja Saad Rafique, Pervaiz Rashid, Khawaja Asif and Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Tu Jhoom' - Coke Studio's producer Xulfi refutes plagiarism claims03:44 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and Zulqarnain tie the knot in a beautiful ...03:23 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021