Pakistan Stock Exchange: Market capitalisation, value of shares go up from $51b to over $97b in 4 years
ISLAMABAD - Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in his budget speech said that the market capitalisation – value of all shares – has gone up from $51 billion to over $97 billion in four years.
The Pakistan Stock Exchange’s (PSX) KSE-100 Index gave a return of over 45% in dollar terms in the calendar year 2016. It was Asia’s top-performing market and the fifth in the world.
Dar said the merger of three exchanges – Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi – should be credited. “MSCI has already upgraded the PSX and it will be an emerging market from June 1.”
Meanwhile, Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) 100 index closed lower on Friday having 52636.87 points with a negative change of 232.14 and volume of 116,428,700 shares.
High and Low were 52874.63 and 52455.44 respectively. Total volume traded in the market was 431,773,260shares with 392 total traded companies out of which 186 were up 201 were down and 5 were unchanged.
CEMENT was the top traded sector with total traded volume of 109,295,700 shares. It was followed by COMMERCIAL BANKS with a total traded volume of 54,828,300 shares.
The three top traded companies were Power Cement(R) with a volume of 77,045,500 and price per share of 2.83 (0.39), Engro Polymer with a volume 25,491,000 of price per share of 33.11 (1.06), Bank Of Punjab with a volume 24,572,000 of price per share of 1.80 (0.02).
The top three advancers were Nestle Pakistan with price per share 10199.67 (200.00), Colgate Palmolive with price per share of 2289.00 (82.00) and Rafhan MaizeXD share of 7316.33 (50.00).
The top three decliners were Wyeth Pak LtdXDwith price per share of 2536.83 (132.51), Unilever Foods with price per share of 6139.00 (117.00) and Mari Petroleum per share of 1687.43 (44.33).
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020