Pakistan earns $120m from travel services’ export in first quarter
This shows growth of 19.99 percent as compared to $100.070 million same services were provided during the corresponding period of fiscal year 2018-19, Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) reported.
During the period under review, the personal travel services grew by 20.99 percent, from $98.060 million last year to $118.640 million during July-September (2019-20). Among these personal services, the exports of education related services increased by 12.02 percent while the health related services decreased by 81.75 percent.
In addition, the other personal services increased by 22.64 percent, out of which religious and other travel services witnessed growth of 133.15 and 22.43 percent respectively.
On the other hand, the business services exports, however decreased by 28.86 percent during the period, as its exports declined from $2.010 million to $1.430 million, the PBS data revealed.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020