Indian steel tycoon Sajjan Jindal meets PM Nawaz amid secret Pakistan tour, claims senior journalist
ISLAMABAD - Indian steel magnate Sajjan Jindal met prime minister Nawaz Sharif during a secret visit to Pakistan, claimed journalist Arshad Sharif on Thursday.
According to a report by Ary News, Jindal was accompanied by Sokiat Sangal and Virendar Babar Singh who took off from Kabul and landed in Pakistan's capital yesterday after boarding a special plane.
The shocking disclosure also suggested that the trio headed to Murree where they called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, successfully avoiding the media spotlight.
It is relevant to mention that Jindal is dubbed as a close affiliate of Indian premier Narendra Modi and his visit amid fraught relations between the nuclear-armed neighbours has raised the eyebrows of the political analysts.
Although a businessman, Jindal is hailed as an influential personality in power corridors as well. He was part of the delegation that visited Pakistan during the impromptu visit of Narendra Modi back in December 2015. At that time, he also tweeted 'In Lahore to greet PM Nawaz Sharif on his birthday'.
Jindal reportedly hosted a lunch in favour of prime minister Nawaz Sharif during his visit to India back in August 2014.
The recent meeting that was kept under wraps raised suspicions owing to multiple India-related issues including the death sentence awarded to RAW agent Kalbushan Jadhav and the confessional video of TTP spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan in which he categorically admitted links of the militant group with Indian spy agency RAW.
The Prime Minister office has yet to confirm or refute the news about the meeting.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019