Defending champions Germany out of FIFA WC after 2-0 defeat by South Korea
South Korea´s Kim Young-gwon scored in added time following a video review and Son Heung-min added another goal just before the final whistle.
Germany is four times winner of the mega event and had not seen elimination in the first round of the tournament since 1938.
Nervous Germany increased the pressure after the break and poured forward but despite a one-sided second half, they could not find the back of the net before South Korea´s last-gasp double.
In another stunning battle, Marcus Rojo's stunning finish four minutes from time kept Lionel Messi and Argentina's World Cup hopes alive to see off Nigeria 2-1 on Tuesday and set up a last 16 meeting with France.
Messi's first goal of the tournament got the two-time winners off to a perfect start in Saint Petersburg, but Victor Moses's 51st-minute penalty had Jorge Sampaoli's men headed for a humiliating group stage exit until Rojo's late intervention.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020