Salman Sufi Foundation selects its founding members team
LAHORE - The Salman Sufi Foundation has announced its seven-member team of founding members picking individuals who believe in social empowerment of the marginalized.
The team has been carefully selected after due consideration spanning several months, searching for the right persons for the daunting job, says a press release issued by the organisation here on Saturday.
It includes the founder of the foundation Salman Sufi who is an international Public Sector Reforms and Gender Strategy Expert. Working with the Punjab Government he spearheaded 30 historic reforms. At present, Mr Sufi is UN Women’s Senior Advisor on Gender, Government of Sindh.
Other members include Senator Ayesha Raza Farooq, Equality Issues Expert Akbar Ali Shah (Senior Advisor), Gender Equality and Environmental Security Activist, and Freelance Journalist Afia Salam, Creative Designer Mian Mobeen Shafaat, Lawyer and Women Rights Activist Zoe Khan and Journalist Mubashar Zaidi.
The foundation will work on women rights and issues like public toilets, providing free lab services for deserving people.
The foundation, established in November last year, is already helping companies make impactful CSR. It has launched women on wheels project in Sindh and making public toilets “Saaf Bath” all across Pakistan. It has run a well-appreciated food drive for the COVID affected families.
- US aircraft carriers conduct drills in South China Sea08:59 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- OPPO launches the stellar more fun, more experience OPPO A11K – A ...08:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020