PM Nawaz announces health, transport projects for Hyderabad
The prime minister was addressing a workers convention when he said that Prime Minister's Health Card programme will be launched in Hyderabad to facilitate the deprived segments of the district. He said survey will be conducted in the district and very soon the programme will be kicked off.
He also announced to establish a new airport of international standard, besides a metro bus service project in Hyderabad. The PM announced Rs 500 million for the development of the district.
He added that a university will be established in Hyderabad for which foundation stone will be laid very soon.
Nawaz Sharif thanked the people of Hyderabad for according him a warm welcome and said that the same enthusiasm was visible in all parts of the country.
Why motorways were not built during the tenure of Musharf and PPP's government, the PM questioned while slamming the rivals.
He added that Karachi-to-Hyderabad motorway is under construction that will connect the city to Sukkur and Sukkur to Multan.
The prime minister and the accompanying PML-N leaders were presented the traditional Sindhi ajrakand topi (cap) by the workers.
Traders in the city had also made a gold 'crown' for the prime minister.
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021