PM Nawaz extends stay in London
According to PM House sources, the prime minister underwent a medical check-up including blood tests at the Royal Hospital yesterday.
After completing the check-up, doctors advised the premier not to travel for at least one to two weeks, sources added.
However, they said that the PM, if required, could travel to the US for further treatment.
"Further, the PM's close aides suggested that the premier should not come back until complete recovery," sources maintained.
As per planned scheduled, the PM was to return home today (Friday). He arrived in London last week for a second round of tests.
Last month, Nawaz Sharif stayed for a week in London where he underwent “a long overdue medical treatment”. He was then expected to fly back home after reports emerged saying doctors were satisfied with his condition.
On Wednesday, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) UK Wing held a protest outside London residence of PM Nawaz Sharif.
A massive leak of 11.5 million tax documents on April 3 exposed the secret offshore dealings of world leaders and celebrities, also naming three of the premier’s children for owning London real estate and other foreign assets through offshore companies.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021