PEMRA forms committee to monitor Ramazan transmissions
According to a notification issued here Friday a day before start of Ramazan, the four-member committee is formed on the directives of Islamabad High Court.
The committee formed by media watchdog will monitor whether the Ramazan guidelines that were issued to all satellite TV channels are being followed or not and in case of violation, immediate action will be taken as per law.
The Islamabad High Court has also directed PEMRA to submit a report in this regard before the next hearing.
The media regulator is vigilant regarding the content being transmitted by the television channels across the country. During last Ramazan, it also banned actor Hamzai Ali Abbasi from hosting Ramazan transmission on a television channel.
It also issued guidelines earlier May for media outlets to follow during the holy month. According to the notification, the game shows would not be aired on any channel before 9 PM.
During the last ten days of Ramazan, the game shows would be banned completely.
- Mawra Hocane gives insight into her luxurious home07:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed Corps Commander Bahawalpur in latest ...06:46 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Imran shifts PTI’s August 13 rally from Islamabad to Lahore06:33 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- JIT including ISI, IB officers to probe social media campaign ...05:29 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Haroon Kadwani wins hearts with latest video04:54 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir is all smiles in latest viral pictures04:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Arshad Nadeem’s historic win at ...03:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022