Fuel shortage paralyses Lahore amid road closures
According to media reports, around 60 percent of the fuel stations dried out in Lahore due to the reason that the tankers carrying oil were stranded near Sheikhupura, Wazirabad, Karachi and Gujranwala due to roads closure caused by protests.
Commuters heading to and from different cities are also facing hardships as the religious groups had blocked the roads as a show of support for Tehreek-e-Labbaik members who had staged a sit-in at the Faizabad interchange from last three weeks.
As the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz led federal government signed an agreement with the protesters, the leader of TLP, Khadim Hussain Rizvi announced calling off the strike on Monday (today).
After the announcement, the spokesperson of Oil Tankers Association confirmed that the fuel supply would be restored from Karachi and other cities.
The protesters at the Faizabad interchange assembled against the amendment in the Khatam e Nabuuwat clause in the recently passed Election Act 2017.
For over three weeks, the thoroughfare of the city remain blocked, however, with the operation launched by the local administration on Saturday, protests erupted across Pakistan with the demonstrators blocking main highways connecting different cities of Punjab.
The agreement, which marked the end of protests was brokered by a senior officer of Pak Army Major General Faiz Hameed and it bound the law Minister Zahid Hamid to tender resignation, which he formally did.
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan to open U19 World Cup campaign with match against Zimbabwe09:35 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan asks world to hold India accountable for 'brute use of ...08:55 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- PM aide claims Shehbaz Sharif seeking 'deal for four people'08:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Genocide Watch warns of impending genocide in Modi's India07:34 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Abida Parveen and Naseebo Lal’s warm interaction ...05:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Hareem Farooq’s latest photos leave fans stunned04:44 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021