TLYR's Rizvi takes media personnel hostage for not giving live coverage
Rizvi was about to conclude his much-anticipated press conference when he learned that the media talk was not being broadcast live. Expressing resentment, he asked the media person to keep sit here or give live coverage.
Media reports suggest the reporters were given safe passage after the Rangers troops intervened.
Today, Khadim Hussain Rizvi formally announced calling off the Faizabad sit-in after 22 days, here on Monday.
The sit-in that was staged as a protest against the amendment in the Khatam e Nabuuwat clause in the recently passed Election Act 2017 came to an end hours after the Pakistani government and Tehreek-e-Labbaik signed an agreement – brokered by the Army – putting an end to the escalating wave of tension across the country.
While the PML-N government appears to have surrendered to all the demands by the protesting side after certain assurance of not resorting to violence, the truce pact also makes the religio-political party bound to refrain from issuing any fatwa (decree) against Law Minister Zahid Hamid – the man blamed to have introduced the controversial ‘Khattam-Nabuwwat amendment’ in the Election Reforms Bill.
According to the agreement, an inquiry report prepared by Raja Zafarul Haq will be made public within 30 days and action will be taken against those responsible for the controversial amendment to the Finality of Prophethood declaration for electoral candidates.
The agreement says the arrested workers of the religious parties will have to be freed and cases against them dismissed.
- Zong and Growtech connect for the most-advanced business solution and ...02:37 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Punjab University makes entry test mandatory for admission in BS ...02:15 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Watch: Coke Studio hit 'Pasoori' gets African fusion in latest teaser10:10 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022