Navjot Singh Sidhu reaches Pakistan to attend Kartarpur groundbreaking ceremony
Sidhu and other members of the delegation named Minister for Food Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Minister for Housing Hardeep S Puri reached Lahore via Wagah border.
Talking to media, the Indian politician, who was received by Pakistan authorities at the border, said that it is a moment of great happiness not only for him but for all the Sikh community. "I want to thank Pakistani prime minister and officials".
Navjot Singh Sidhu invited to Kartarpur ... 03:33 PM | 24 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former Indian cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu has received an invitation from Prime ...
Sidhu said that the pledge made by Prime Minister Imran Khan three months ago is going to be accomplished, adding that hatred can be turned into love.
“Karturpur corridor will prove to be a route leading to peace," he added.
“There are various artists and cricket players in Pakistan and India which everyone loves," he said and called for holding cricket matches between two countries.
He said that a historic event is set to be taken place tomorrow.
The Pakistani government had invited Indian Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj, Punjab Chief Minister Captain (retd) Amarinder Singh and former Indian cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu to attend the event.
Pakistan invites India's Sushma Swaraj, Amarinder ... 08:09 PM | 24 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - In another step to ease ties with its eastern neighbour, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has invited ...
However, Sushma Swaraj on Saturday excused herself from attending the ceremony. She said that two ministers of the Indian government will attend the ceremony.
India's Sushma Swaraj excuses herself from ... 11:01 PM | 24 Nov, 2018
NEW DELHI - Sushma Swaraj, India's Minister for External Affairs, on Saturday excused herself from attending the ...
India on Thursday gave the go-ahead to Pakistan’s proposal to build Kartarpur corridor to facilitate Sikh pilgrims wishing to visit the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Narowal District.
The Gurdwara Kartarpur Darbar Sahib in Pakistan's Narowal city holds religious significance for the Sikh community; It is the place where Baba Guru Nanak settled down after his travels as a missionary.
Sikh community welcomes Pakistan's decision to ... 12:01 AM | 10 Sep, 2018
LAHORE - The Sikh community in Pakistan, India and Europe has warmly welcomed Pakistan government's decision to open ...
The decision to open the Kartarpur border was made after Imran Khan assumed office in August; Navjot Singh Sidhu was invited for the swearing-in ceremony of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief.
During the ceremony, Navjot Sidhu had called for reopening the corridor, however, he faced flack back home for cordially meeting Pakistan's Army Chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
Prime Minister Imran Khan would formally open the Kartarpur border on November 28th along with other government functionaries.
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021