Sindh Assembly to elect new chief minister on Friday
Nomination papers for the vacant Chief Minister slot will be submitted today from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, while the election will be held on Friday (July 29), according to Radio Pakistan.
Syed Murad Ali Shah of the Pakistan People's Party is the main contestant for the top slot. His nomination papers will be proposed and seconded by outgoing CM Syed Qaim Ali Shah and Nisar Ahmed Khuhro, a senior member of the provincial cabinet.
Earlier on Wednesday, Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan accepted the resignation of the outgoing chief minister.
Meanwhile, talking to newsmen, Syed Murad Ali Shah said he would deliver a policy statement in the Assembly session on Friday.
He said the issue of extension of powers for the Rangers had been resolved.
"The formation of the new cabinet will be decided after the consultation with the party leadership," Murad added.
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred as terrorists attack Thall check post: ...03:50 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Namibia win toss and opt to field first against ...03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Facebook likely to change its name to focus on Metaverse02:49 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Daler Mehndi wishes Eid Milad-un-Nabi to Muslim fans06:33 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021