Over 32,000 arrested under NAP since December last year: report
The report suggests that 14,791 operations were conducted in Punjab, 5,517 in Sindh, 6,461 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 84 in Balochistan, 405 in Islamabad, 1,394 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), 83 in Gilgit-Baltiststan (GB) and 91 in Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata).
It said the security agencies made 2,798 arrests from Punjab, 6,467 from Sindh, 18,619 from KP, 3,483 from Balochistan, 762 from Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), nine from Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), 30 from GB and 179 from Fata.
The report details that 37 terrorists were killed during this period and the arrested men include 727 "hardcore terrorists".
During this period, the report says 61 convicts have been executed, including 47 in Punjab, 11 in Sindh, one in KP and two in AJK.
The police also arrested a total of 3,938 people on loud speaker violations including 3,214 in Punjab, 176 in Sindh, 451 in KP, three in Balochistan and 94 in ICT, the report says.
In all, the report details, 887 cases have been registered for spreading hate speech. These included 707 in Punjab, 38 in Sindh, 83 in KP, 11 in Balochistan, one in ICT, 46 in AJK and one in GB. Law enforcement agencies also arrested 918 people and sealed a total of 70 shops on these charges.
According to the report, 18,855 Afghan refugees have been deported including, 5,996 from KP, 798 from Balochistan, 11,216 from AJK, one from Islamabad, two from Gilgit Baltistan and 842 from Fata. Over 350,000 cases have been registered in this regard.
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has registered 64 cases for money transfer through hawala hundi, arrested 83 people and recovered Rs101.7 million, it stated.
Nine cases have also been registered on "suspicious transactions" while the agency also registered 57 money laundering cases and arrested 50 people on the same charges.
The State Bank of Pakistan also froze 120 accounts containing Rs10.1 billion balance under the measures being taken under NAP, the report said.
In total, 351 actionable calls were received on anti-terror helpline 1717 including 234 in Punjab, 31 in Sindh, 39 in KP, 10 in Balochistan, two in AJK, 33 in ICT and one each in GB and Fata.
According to the report around 2,237 intelligence-based operations were also conducted during this period throughout the country.
The cellular mobile companies, in cooperation with the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) have so far verified total 59.47 million SIMs including 18,151,586 of Telenor, 17,430,895 of Mobilink, 10,450,661 of Zong, 7,942,221 of Ufone and 5,490,911 of Warid.
- Another ‘power shock’ for K-Electric consumers as NEPRA jacks up ...08:25 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- NAMA facilitates access for 16,000 women-owned enterprises to ...08:09 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training inks contract ...07:34 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Maira Khan's new dance video goes viral06:15 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Maryam Noor's beach photos set the internet on fire05:00 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022