PM Sharif assures Saudi King of all-out support amid Yemen crisis
The premier, while talking to the Saudi king over telephone, discussed the overall situation of the middle East and backed the military action by the Kingdom against Houthi rebels in Yemen.
Sharif told the King that all potentials of the Pakistan military were readily available for territorial integrity of the Kingdom.
Earlier, Saudi Arabia had requested Pakistan to send troops to the Kingdom to ensure the security of the holy mosques on threats from Houthi rebels.
A two-day session of Arab League has also begun in Egypt to discuss the Yemen crises where most of Arab leaders stood by the resolve of Saudi Arabia.
Salman bin Abdul Aziz, in his opening address at the summit, vowed to continue the aerial strikes in Yemen till the situation continues.
Egypt President Abdal Fatah Al-sisi urged the Arab leaders to establish a joint Arab military force to face the challenges like Houthis. The force will also help us against the external threats, he said in speech.
- Hira Mani stuns all with drop-dead looks and supercharged performance ...11:01 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police in action after video of harassing foreign women on ...10:06 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif, public in anger as petrol price up by Rs6.72 per litre09:15 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- At least 20 passengers killed after Karachi-bound sleeper bus rams ...08:51 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:36 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi gives major fitness goals with new shirtless picture09:05 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022