Protesters in Lahore refuse to budge despite Faizabad agreement of Khadim Hussain Rizvi
The protest at Faizabad Interchange in Islamabad was called off on Monday after 22 days following the voluntary resignation of Federal Law Minister Zahid Hamid and acceptance of few other demands by the government in a deal brokered by a senior Pak Army official.
Following the negotiations, the leader of the religious groups including Khadim Hussain Rizvi appealed to protesters across the country to disperse, however, protesters belonging to a separate faction of the religious group have refused to vacate Lahore’s Faisal Chowk and Shahdara, saying they will not leave until their demands are met.
Khadim Hussain Rizvi calls off Islamabad sit-in ... 06:36 AM | 27 Nov, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Khadim Hussain Rizvi, the chief of Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan, on Monday formally announced calling off ...
These protesters are demanding the resignation of Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah, for his alleged pro-Ahmedi remarks made after the Election Act 2017 controversy ensued.
The protesters have blocked roads at Faisal Chowk, creating traffic chaos while police contingents have been deployed around the area to maintain law and order situation.
The rest of provincial capital is back to normal life as traffic flow has been restored after road blockades were removed.
Metro bus service has been restored after it remained closed over the weekend due to the protests.
Moreover, educational institutes would resume their activities tomorrow (Wednesday) after a lapse of three days.
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PAKvNZ – Trophy unveiled ahead of first Pakistan-New Zealand ODI ...08:06 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021