PAF's first multinational air exercise ACES Meet 2017 concludes in Pakistan
Contingents of the Royal Saudi Airforce and Turkish Airforce also took part in the two-week-long endeavour which began on October 16, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
The main objective of the exercise was to maximize the combat readiness of the air forces by providing a realistic training environment in air combat training and counter terrorism operations.
The participating crews simulated contemporary air combat tactics utilizing state of the art training aids. Besides live para drops by the commandos of PAF Special Services Wing in the contested air space, large force employment concept was also practiced during the exercise.
Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman flew a Saudi F15 on the last mission of the joint exercise before the concluding ceremony.
Speaking on the concluding ceremony, the Air Chief said that PAF stands ready as ever for the aerial defence of motherland on the strength of supreme sacrifices and professionalism of its valiant veterans.
“PAF ACE was established as a strategic initiative to develop a unique institution to share with friendly air forces the rare experiences PAF has gained in counter terrorism operations,” he explained.
The air chief marshal said the air operations had to remain in sync with surface operations in order to make decisive gains on the ground.
— محمد بن خالد (@MbKS15) October 16, 2017
He lauded the professionalism of the participating air forces and hoped that they would take good memories of rewarding interactions from here.
Earlier on Thursday, Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa also witnessed the exercise at the Air Power Centre of Excellence (ACE) during his visit to the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base Mushaf Sargodha.
The chief of army staff (COAS) was briefed on the ACE training facility as well as the scope of exercise which aims to project mutual cooperation between the air forces and consolidate upon modern concepts in the domain of counter terrorism operations.
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran directs to ensure availability of wheat on reasonable ...08:27 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020