Second day: Islamabad-bound Azadi March reaches Punjab with resolve to oust PM
The so-called Azadi March of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F), which began on Sunday from Karachi, is being led by its chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, who claims that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), the ruling party of the country, came into power through rigged elections.
JUI-F kicks off Azadi March from Karachi 05:59 PM | 27 Oct, 2019
KARACHI - Thousands of people, led by the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam–Fazl (JUI-F), on Sunday began their so-called Azadi ...
The participants of the rally are expected to be in the hundreds of thousands by the time they reach the federal capital as major opposition parties of the country, including Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), and other opposition parties have joined the hands with the JUI-F head against the prime minister.
The protest march may prove a tough political challenge for the PTI government amid increasing inflation and complaints of bad governance.
The protesters will make a stay in Multan and continue its travel to Islamabad on Tuesday.
Addressing the participants, JUI-F chief Fazl said that they will not step back as the ‘war has begun’.
He reiterated that they are fighting a political war as there is a danger to the Constitution of Pakistan.
The participants of the JUI-F-led march from across the country will gather near Tarnol before entering Islamabad on October 31. The protest demonstration at the end of Azadi March will be held at Peshawar Morr in Islamabad, as it was agreed by the JUI-F in negotiations with the government.
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021