Second day: Islamabad-bound Azadi March reaches Punjab with resolve to oust PM
MULTAN - A huge rally led by Pakistan's major religiopolitical party on Monday reached Punjab on its way to Islamabad with an aim to topple the government of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
The so-called Azadi March of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F), which began on Sunday from Karachi, is being led by its chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, who claims that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), the ruling party of the country, came into power through rigged elections.
JUI-F kicks off Azadi March from Karachi 05:59 PM | 27 Oct, 2019
KARACHI - Thousands of people, led by the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam–Fazl (JUI-F), on Sunday began their so-called Azadi ...
The participants of the rally are expected to be in the hundreds of thousands by the time they reach the federal capital as major opposition parties of the country, including Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), and other opposition parties have joined the hands with the JUI-F head against the prime minister.
The protest march may prove a tough political challenge for the PTI government amid increasing inflation and complaints of bad governance.
The protesters will make a stay in Multan and continue its travel to Islamabad on Tuesday.
Addressing the participants, JUI-F chief Fazl said that they will not step back as the ‘war has begun’.
He reiterated that they are fighting a political war as there is a danger to the Constitution of Pakistan.
The participants of the JUI-F-led march from across the country will gather near Tarnol before entering Islamabad on October 31. The protest demonstration at the end of Azadi March will be held at Peshawar Morr in Islamabad, as it was agreed by the JUI-F in negotiations with the government.
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019