Pak-China ties: University of Peshawar to set up dedicated China Study Centre
The ambassador met UoP Vice Chancellor Rasul Jan and presented a check to him at the Chinese Language, Culture and Research Centre.
The study center will encourage and promote research and study on Chinese history and culture. The center will also seek to bolster existing Pak-China friendship.
The centre will start offering Chinese language courses and degree courses for research on China from September.
“Following China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, the study centre will offer enormous help to industrialists by providing them the necessary skills in their subject of interest,” Jan said in his welcome address to the Chinese delegation.
He added UoP had academic linkages with three universities in China and would like to introduce exchange programs with more varsities.
“The establishment of a study centre at a time when both countries are celebrating 65 years of their diplomatic relations is a milestone achievement,” Chinese ambassador Weidong said.
- Supreme Court wants Nasla Tower demolished in a week03:45 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021