Parachinar blasts: PM Nawaz announces financial aid for martyrs' families
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday announced financial assistance for the families of martyrs and injured amid protest.
The prime minister has announced payment of Rs1 million as compensation to each family of the victims of twin blasts that took 72 lives.
Death toll in Parachinar twin blasts rises to 72 11:52 AM | 24 Jun, 2017
KURRAM AGENCY - Terror returned to Kurram Agency on Friday when two blasts in a busy Parachinar market claimed the ...
According to a PM House statement, he also announced Rs500,000 for each person who suffered injuries in the blasts. The premier has already directed Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Zafar Iqbal Jhagra in this regard, said the statement.
Terror returned to Kurram Agency on Friday when two blasts in a busy Parachinar market claimed the lives of at least 72 people and left over 300 others injured.
Survivors described hiding inside shops after hearing a "huge bang" – then stumbling through dust-choked air filled with the sound of screams, tripping over bodies as they searched for the wounded in the busy market in Parachinar, the capital of Kurram tribal agency.
Hundreds of people were busy shopping for upcoming Eidul Fitr.
The intensity of the blast could be gauged from the damage that has been caused to the houses and cars in the vicinity, said Kurram Agency political agent Shoukat Yousafzai.
Following the blasts, a large number of people, including families of martyrs and injured, have been holding a sit-in at Shaheed Park, Parachinar for last seven days to mourn the blast and government inaction.
The compensation announced by the PM Nawaz after six days of the incident, has been rejected by the protesters. Earlier the demonstrators had asked for a visit by the Chief of Army Staff and the interior minister.
- Pakistan President "filled with remorse" for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Karachi University declares BCom Part II Annual Exams 2020 result ...08:40 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab Governor announces to contest next general elections08:21 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- AJK Election Commission reviews amendments in Local Government act08:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Global efforts needed for economic uplift of Afghanistan, says COAS ...07:48 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- ‘Jinne Lahore nahi wekhiya’ – Sania Mirza leaves fans awestruck ...04:30 PM | 30 Nov, 2021