FM Qureshi reaches Tajikistan to attend Heart of Asia conference (VIDEO)
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Monday arrived in Tajikistan to attend the 9th Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process however the much-anticipated meeting of the foreign ministers of Pakistan and India has not been scheduled yet.
The theme of the conference is ‘Strengthening Consensus for Peace and Development.’
Foreign Minister of #Pakistan @SMQureshiPTI reached Dushanbe #Tajikistan’s Capital.He will attend the 9th Ministerial Conference of #HeartOfAsia - #Istanbul Process on #Afghanistan tomorrow. Shah Mahmood Qureshi is also expected to meet leaders of other participating countries pic.twitter.com/za7OYpDSsV— Ghulam Abbas Shah (@ghulamabbasshah) March 29, 2021
The foreign minister will deliver a statement highlighting Pakistan’s positive contributions to Afghan peace and its support for development and connectivity within the regional framework. He will also hold consultations with key regional and international partners.
Qureshi and his Indian counterpart S. Jaishankar’s participation in the same multilateral event led to speculations that they might meet each other especially in the backdrop of recent developments in the frayed relations between the two countries.
Pakistan, India FMs likely to meet at Heart of ... 03:26 PM | 21 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD/NEW DELHI – Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and his Indian counterpart S ...
The last meeting between the two ministers took place in May 2019 in Bishkek on the sidelines of the SCO meeting.
Ms. Sushma Swaraj was then holding the portfolio. Months later India annexed occupied Kashmir in August leading to a complete breakdown in relations.
Since then, both countries have withdrawn their high commissioners in each other’s capital and their respective missions are operating at half strength.
Meanwhile, the media has been speculating that the two countries have been quietly negotiating for the full resumption of diplomatic relations.
- WATCH: COVID SOPs go for a toss at PTI MNA daughter’s big fat ...10:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:47 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan reports 4,858 new cases, 40 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:11 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 August 202108:46 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Rain frustrates Pakistan's bid to win West Indies T20I series11:58 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021