ECP allots electoral symbol to political parties for upcoming general elections
The process of allotting electoral symbols to political parties began on Tuesday after hearing into the matter regarding allotment of symbols.
The Election Commission announced that a total of 70 parties, which do not have a conflict with any other party, are entitled to their own symbol.
PML-N was allotted the symbol of lion, PTI bat, and MQM kite. PPP got the symbol sword on which the party had contested the election in 1970.
PML-Q was given tractor, while Pakistan Kissan Ittehad got the plough.
The Jamaat-i-Islami will use the ‘Scales.’ The symbol of ‘Bull’ was designated to Pakistan Muttahida Ulema and Mashaikh Council, ‘Human Hand’ to Pakistan Awami League, ‘Pen and Ink’ to Awami Muslim League, ‘Lantern’ to Awami National Party.
'All-out steps being taken to hold fair, free general polls'
Earlier, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) said all-out measures have been taken to hold fair and free general elections in the country.
The spokesman for the Election Commission Nadeem Qasim talking to a private news channel said that ECP has completed its work simultaneously on delimitations after census and preparations for conducting the elections.
He said training of election staff, which includes Returning officers and Presiding Officers, is being completed.
The spokesman said that a monitoring wing would be set up by the ECP and monitoring officers would be deputed at every constituency.
To a question, he said that a new election act has been passed under which, statement of expenditures of every candidate would be scrutinized thoroughly.
ECP secretary smells international conspiracy to ... 09:12 AM | 29 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - As Pakistan braces for the much-anticipated general elections, a top official of the election body shared ...
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Trophy unveiled as Pakistan face off Zimbabwe in first T20 ...11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan’s slide on inclusive internet index continues, drops to ...10:23 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021