Sikh activist Sardar Charanjeet Singh gunned down in Peshawar
The victim identified as Sardar Charanjeet Singh was attacked near Scheme Chowk, Budhbir area.
According to the police officials, a minority leader and social activist Charanjeet Singh were sitting in his shop when unidentified gunmen opened fire on him and escaped.
He succumbed to his wounds and died on the spot, they added.
Officials said they had launched murder investigations after lodging a case at Inqalab Police Station.
Earlier, two Sikhs traders were gunned down in separate incidents of violence in Peshawar in 2014.
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 9 to 12 classes to start from tomorrow; primary schools to reopen ...01:43 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021