Teen killed as Dolphins take shot at suspects in Lahore
According to reports, the Dolphin Force personnel were trying to stop a suspicious vehicle, however, when they declined to do so, forces opened fire which killed a young boy standing across the street while another suspicious man sustained injuries.
A closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage of the incident revealed that two Dolphin Force personnel on a motorbike were chasing suspects in a car. It was further noted that one of the personnel was seen firing at the suspects' car.
The footage further showed the 14-year-old was standing at the corner of the road along with a few other men filling bottles from a water cooler and then suddenly fell to the ground after getting a bullet.
The boy identified as Atif, succumbed to his wounds and died on the spot. Relatives of the boy blocked the Ring Road at Khokhar village area in protest as the mother claimed that police had killed her son.
However, the security personnel said that the passerby was killed by the firing of the alleged criminals.
Meanwhile, SP Dolphin Force Nadeem Khokhar said that five suspects were arrested following the chase.
“When police tried to stop them, they fired at them leading to an exchange of fire which resulted in the death of a teenager,” SP Khokhar said.
Investigations are underway.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021