Bank Islami's $6 million stolen in Pakistan's biggest security breach
The breach was reported to the State bank of Pakistan late Saturday following which it issued a press release stating that the said bank has temporarily restricted usage of its cards for overseas transactions.
On the morning of October 27, 2018, certain abnormal transactions were detected by BankIslami on our International Payment Scheme for Debit Cards.— BankIslami.HR (@BankIslamiHR) October 28, 2018
Alhamdulillah, BankIslami team immediately took precautionary... https://t.co/RRKJmslKug
Moreover, it stated that Resources are deployed to ensure the 24/7 real-time monitoring of card operations related systems and transactions.
The alleged security breach first came to light on Saturday when customers of the bank received automated messages about their payment cards being used in different countries including Russia.
The bank, however, did not acknowledge the breach to the tune of USD 6 million, saying it was actually logged off from international payment scheme at the time.
Alhamdulillah, BankIslami team immediately took precautionary steps which included shutting its International Payment Scheme, stated the institution, however, confirmed that all transactions routing through international payment scheme (Local and International POS, ATM and eCommerce) have been stopped.
- WHO warns against ‘fatal’ complacency in global coronavirus fight03:05 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Karachi kings win toss, elect to field first against Multan Sultans02:53 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Tokyo Disney parks closing for two weeks on virus fears01:10 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019