Bank Islami's $6 million stolen in Pakistan's biggest security breach
The breach was reported to the State bank of Pakistan late Saturday following which it issued a press release stating that the said bank has temporarily restricted usage of its cards for overseas transactions.
On the morning of October 27, 2018, certain abnormal transactions were detected by BankIslami on our International Payment Scheme for Debit Cards.— BankIslami.HR (@BankIslamiHR) October 28, 2018
Alhamdulillah, BankIslami team immediately took precautionary... https://t.co/RRKJmslKug
Moreover, it stated that Resources are deployed to ensure the 24/7 real-time monitoring of card operations related systems and transactions.
The alleged security breach first came to light on Saturday when customers of the bank received automated messages about their payment cards being used in different countries including Russia.
The bank, however, did not acknowledge the breach to the tune of USD 6 million, saying it was actually logged off from international payment scheme at the time.
Alhamdulillah, BankIslami team immediately took precautionary steps which included shutting its International Payment Scheme, stated the institution, however, confirmed that all transactions routing through international payment scheme (Local and International POS, ATM and eCommerce) have been stopped.
- Babar Azam adds another feather to cap; becomes second fastest 6,000 ...10:44 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-11-Updated ...09:55 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan records 5,050 new Covid-19 cases, 114 deaths in a day09:44 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PML-N’s Nosheen Iftikhar drubs PTI’s Malhi in NA-75 Daska by-poll09:30 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani drama to be aired in Turkey soon, says Faisal Javed Khan10:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Fawad Alam wants to work with Mahira Khan, Mehwish Hayat after ...07:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Meera debunks rumours about her mental state03:51 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021