ATC sentences former sessions judge Sikandar Lashari to death
The former Mithi district and sessions judge Lashari had been charged with murdering the Jacobabad district and sessions judge Khalid Shahani’s sons in February 2014.
Lashari and another accused Irfan Bengali had been serving a prison sentence in Hyderabad jail and were presented before the ATC; during the hearing, the ATC judge sentenced both murders to death.
Aqib Shahani, the son of Jacobabad district and sessions judge was gunned down in Hyderabad on February 19, 2014.
Sindh High Court (SHC) had suspended Sikandar Lashari from service on March 3, 2014, and ordered to arrest him.
The victim’s family said that Aqib was in love with Sikandar’s daughter and he was reportedly against their relationship.
- New Zealand PM asked Pakistan’s Imran Khan to postpone cricket ...09:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- ‘Hidden hands’ got New Zealand cricket team’s Pakistan tour ...09:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Bus Art Exhibit on Australia-Pakistan culture hits the road09:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PITB to automate Punjab Journalists Housing Foundation: Agreement ...08:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021