Pakistan not guarantor but a facilitator in Afghan peace process, says FM Qureshi
While talking to the media in Islamabad, the foreign minister said that the entire onus of the Afghan peace process cannot be put on Pakistan.
He said Pakistan maintains that it is the shared responsibility of all the stakeholders to take forward the peace process.
The foreign minister said that Prime Minister Imran Khan wants to have a meeting with the Taliban to woo them for the intra-Afghan dialogue, adding that Pakistan is moving forward in good faith.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said convergence was seen on Afghan issue during a meeting between Prime Minister Imran Khan and the US President Donald Trump. This has opened a new chapter in Pakistan-US relations, he said.
The minister said that the US visit remained very successful in achieving the objectives and this stands also reflected in the restoration of suspended assistance.
He said that Kashmir is a disputed territory and any demographic changes in occupied Kashmir will not be acceptable to Pakistan as well as Kashmiri people.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020