Pakistan's market leaves India's, China's in the dust: Forbes
The renowned American business magazine said "Pakistan is a frontier market economy, while India and China are emerging market economies. This means that Pakistan’s economy is less exposed to the global economy than India and China. Thus, it is less vulnerable to interest rate fluctuations in developed countries, most notably in the US."
Then there’s the pouring in of Chinese investment, which is turning Pakistan into Beijing’s corridor to Middle East oil and to Africa’s riches. Add to that a couple of overseas endorsements for Pakistan’s market reforms from overseas institutions that have been hyping investor expectations. Like $1 billion in support from the World Bank – and a couple of domestic acquisitions from foreign suitors like the acquisition of Karachi’s K-Karachi by Shanghai Electric Power Co, Forbes' report added.
While Pakistan’s market has been getting praise from overseas institutions and investors, India’s markets have been rattled by Modi’s experimentations with the country’s currency. And China’s markets have been unsettled by the return of heavy-handed government policies, which have scared away foreign investors.
Frontier markets are highly volatile, with one year’s big winners turning into next year’s big losers. Besides, with a big run up over the last five years, the big gains are already behind, for now.
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020