Legislation on army chief's extension to be made with political consensus: PTI minister
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood Saturday said legislation on the extension of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa would be made with consensus of all the political parties in the Parliament.
The government was ready to consult with all the opposition parties including Pakistan Peoples Party and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz on the issues of national interest, he said talking to a private news channel.
The minister urged all the political parties to show maturity and unity over national security issues.
He said many legislation and appointment of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman Rana Tanveer Hussain had already done with the consensus of all the political parties in the Parliament which was the beauty of strong democracy in the country.
Shafqat Mahmood said the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government did not have enmity with any political party but it was committed from day first against elimination of the menace of corruption and to recover the looted national exchequer from corrupts and plunderers.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) was carrying out the corruption cases against looters without any interference of the government, he added.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019