Pakistan offers to host OIC summit on Afghanistan
Pakistan has offered to host the extraordinary session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to discuss the latest situation in Afghanistan.
In a video message, the Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan fully endorses this initiative of Saudi Arabia, the current OIC summit chair.
He said Pakistan also offers to host this meeting in Islamabad on the 17th of next month.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said we are confident that the OIC member states will endorse this offer.
He said Afghanistan is currently facing a serious humanitarian situation as millions of Afghans including women and children are confronted with an uncertain future due to a shortage of food, medicine and other essential living supplies.
The Foreign Minister said the advent of winter has exacerbated the humanitarian crisis.
He urged the OIC to step up to alleviate the humanitarian needs of the Afghan people, provide immediate and sustained support to them, and continue to remain engaged with them for the wellbeing and prosperity of Afghanistan.
- Pakistan’s ‘biggest financial scam’ unearthed08:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- ‘Agay Dekh’: PSL 7 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig released07:54 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Zahir Jaffer’s fingerprints not found on weapon used to murder Noor ...06:54 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Yasir Hussain shares his stance on second marriage04:40 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021