Former IGP Sindh Ghulam Hyder Jamali, 7 others indicted in graft case
KARACHI - An accountability court in Karachi charge-sheeted former Inspector General of Sindh police Ghulam Hayder Jamali, Additional Inspector General Fida Hussain and six other accused in a corruption case on Monday.
The indictment came in the corruption references filed by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in line with the directions of the Supreme Court of Pakistan that took action after allegations surfaced that nepotism and corruption was committed during Jamali’s tenure as IGP Sindh in recruiting hundreds of policemen.
Moreover, during the supreme court proceedings, Jamali was accused of embezzling hundreds of millions rupees, prompting the apex court ordering his removal from his post.
After his removal as IGP, the NAB sprung into action and prepared the reference in more than a year alleging that Jamali inflicted a loss to the tune of Rs 386 million to the national exchequer.
After today's indictment, the accused pleaded not guilty after which the court summoned the witnesses on November 8.
According to a communique issued by the National Accountability Bureau, the accused have been charged of 881 illegal appointments in SRP (Sindh Reserve Police) Hyderabad.
Let it be known that all the accused are on interim bail from the Sindh High Court (SHC).
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020