Manipur state leaders announce independence from India
LONDON - The dissident political leaders from the Indian state of Manipur have declared independence from India and forming a government-in-exile in Britain.
Addressing a press conference in London, representatives of Manipur’s King Leishemba Sanajaoba also announced the formation of Manipur State Council.
The Chief Minister Yamben Biren and Minister of External Affairs and Defence Narengbam Samarjit of the Manipur State Council said we believe that now is the right time to make public the Independent Government of Manipur before the international community and seek recognition.
They also urged all the governments of the sovereign states and members of the United Nations for recognition of the de-jure and exile Government of the Manipur from today onwards, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The leaders of Manipur State Council also produced a document showing that Maharaja of Manipur has authorised them to solve the political problems of the State of Manipur.
They said Narendra Modi’s government is intolerant and believes in physical annihilation of small nations and communities for the sake of Hindutva supremacy and therefore it is not safe for them to continue operating from India.
- 4 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019