Maulana Fazlur Rehman to meet Nawaz Sharif at Lahore Hospital today
LAHORE - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman will meet former prime minister Nawaz Sharif at Services Hospital in Lahore today (Wednesday).
According to media details, the JUI-F chief will meet Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo to inquire him about his health as Nawaz is under treatment at the hospital due to fluctuation in his platelets count.
The JUI-F chief will also brief Nawaz Sharif over the anti-government ‘Azadi March’ and both the leaders will also discuss the ongoing political situation.
On the other hand, doctors said that teeth filling of the former PM was carried after he witnessed blood from his gums.
Earlier on Tuesday, The Islamabad High Court approved bail of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on medical grounds in the Al-Azizia corruption reference, suspending his sentence for eight weeks.
A two-member bench comprising Justice Amir Farooq and Mohsin Akhtar Kayani announced the verdict on an appeal filed by Shehbaz Sharif, president of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), seeking suspension of his brother’s sentence due to his deteriorating health condition.
The court ordered to submit two surety bonds worth Rs2 million each. It further said that the former premier should approach the Punjab government for extension in bail if his health condition remains unstable.
The court in the same case had granted the former premier bail on Saturday and adjourned the hearing for Tuesday.
The PML-N supremo was shifted to Lahore’s Services Hospital last week from a detention facility of the National Accountability Bureau, which had taken the custody of him in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills case, after his health deteriorated.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) had also approved his bail in the sugar mills case on the medical grounds last week.
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Another special plane carrying second lot of medical supplies from ...09:03 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Punjab announces Rs10 billion relief package for ...11:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019