Pakistan to re-open Chaman border after Afghanistan apologizes for Aug 18 incident
The border was closed after angry Afghan protestors had desecrated the Pakistani flag and pelted stones at the Pakistani side.
During the fifth flag meeting between Pakistan and Afghan border forces, Afghan General Muhammad Ali said the incident was a misunderstanding. He further added that those involved were enemies of both Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Trade activities at Pakistan-Afghanistan border at Chaman were badly affected by the closure of Bab-e-Pakistan Friendship Gate, long ques of vehicles and trucks waited for the reopening of the border.
Apparently, Afghans were showing their support to India by disrespecting the Pakistani flag and throwing stones at the border crossing gate after the Narendra Modi’s August 15 speech.
Frontier Corps (FC), a paramilitary force, closed the border to avert any untoward incident after afghan border forces did not stop people on their side from damaging the order.
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh defeat Oman in must-win game11:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021