Pervez Musharraf declared fugitive in Benazir Bhutto murder case
The verdict which was announced by Justice Muhammad Asghar Khan after nine years also gave directions for forfeiture of properties of former president Musharraf, who is currently in London.
The court also awarded 17 years imprisonment to former DIG Saud Aziz and SP Khurram Shehzad for abetting the crime.
Five suspects, including Rafaqat Hussain, Husnain Gul, Sher Zaman, Aitzaz Shah and Abdul Rashid have been acquitted on murder charges.
Bhutto, who was the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chief and two-time former prime minister, was killed in a suicide attack at a public gathering at Rawalpindi’s Liaquat Bagh on December 27, 2007.
In 2008, the police registered a FIR regarding the incident on behalf of the state and trial of five TTP suspects started in February of 2008. However, the case was handed over to the FIA after PPP won 2008 general election.
- OPPO Reno4 Pro — with a Professional 90Hz Borderless Sense Screen ...03:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- IAG Cargo starts London-Lahore service02:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- “Will you shut up man!” Biden tells Trump at Ohio debate02:51 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Lion King sequel officially in the works01:46 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Veteran actor Mirza Shahi passes away due to coronavirus10:05 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020