North Korea test-fires two ballistic missiles
SEOUL - North Korea test-fired two short-range ballistic missiles from the Hodo Peninsula on the east coast on Wednesday.
South Korean military in a statement said in Seoul, North Korean missiles launch intended to pressure South Korea and the United States (US) to stop upcoming military drills scheduled for next month, the Radio Pakistan reported.
According to South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, the two devices were fired from the Wonsan area on the east coast at dawn and flew around 250 kilometres.
Despite a meeting between leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump last month It was the second such firing in less than a week.
The North is also banned from ballistic missile launches under UN Security Council resolutions.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019