SHC releases Dr Asim from prison after 19 months
The court issued orders for Dr Asim’s release after he submitted his Pakistani and Canadian passports with the referee judge.
Earlier, Dr Asim Hussain’s legal team had moved the court to amend the decision for granting bail. However, on Thursday the court had rejected the application.
The court had made the bail conditional with submission of passports which were held by an anti-terrorism court in case of providing treatment for criminals.
Dr Asim was released on bail after the ATC returned the passports to him and he furnished them before the court along with surety bonds worth Rs 5 million.
Dr Asim Hussain will be shifted from the Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Complex to the Zaiuddin Hospital.
The former minister faces several charges including corruption references filed by NAB of Rs 479 billion and aiding treatment and protection to terrorists at his hospital.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021