SECP directed to freeze Hassan, Hussain's shares in six companies
ISLAMABAD - The accountability court in Islamabad has ordered to freeze shares of sons of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Hassan and Hussain in six companies.
The directives were issued on Tuesday to Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) during the hearing of a case against deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s sons.
During today's hearing, a NAB prosecutor Afzal Qureshi submitted report pertaining to Hassan and Hussain’s shares in relevant companies.
The accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir after receiving the report directed the SECP to freeze their shares and ordered both accused to appear in court on November 8.
Earlier, non-bailable warrants were issued against Hassan and Hussain earlier this month as they did not show up before the court pertaining to the references filed by National Accountability Bureau.
The references were prepared in light of the July 28 judgement of the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case.
On the other hand, Islamabad High Court's (IHC) two-member bench has issued a written judgment on Nawaz Sharif’s plea seeking unification of NAB references.
The verdict states that a written order is being issued to NAB before regular hearing of Nawaz’s plea.
Let it be known that the accountability court in Islamabad had ordered the former premier Nawaz Sharif to appear before it on November 3 in relation to the corruption references filed against him by the accountability watchdog.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020