JUI-F's Mufti Kifayatullah accused of inciting public freed on bail
ISLAMABAD - The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Thursday granted bail Mufti Kifayatullah, a firebrand leader of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), in a case related to anti-state provocative speech.
Kifayatullah was arrested by the Islamabad police on Sunday on charges of making inflammatory statements against the state institution and inciting people to join the JUI-F-led protest rally against the government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, which they claim came into power through rigged elections.
A two-member bench of the high court, comprising Justice Ijaz Anwar and Justice Shakeel Ahmad heard the bail petition and ordered the release of the JUI-F leader.
He has been detained at Haripur Central Jail and will be freed once the authorities will get the court orders regarding his bail.
He would participate in the so-called Azadi March, which is about to reach the federal capital, once he is released from the jail.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019