JUI-F's Mufti Kifayatullah accused of inciting public freed on bail
ISLAMABAD - The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Thursday granted bail Mufti Kifayatullah, a firebrand leader of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), in a case related to anti-state provocative speech.
Kifayatullah was arrested by the Islamabad police on Sunday on charges of making inflammatory statements against the state institution and inciting people to join the JUI-F-led protest rally against the government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, which they claim came into power through rigged elections.
A two-member bench of the high court, comprising Justice Ijaz Anwar and Justice Shakeel Ahmad heard the bail petition and ordered the release of the JUI-F leader.
He has been detained at Haripur Central Jail and will be freed once the authorities will get the court orders regarding his bail.
He would participate in the so-called Azadi March, which is about to reach the federal capital, once he is released from the jail.
- Pakistan condemns Indian attempts to change demographic structure of ...03:17 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Senses leads World Autism Awareness Day02:21 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- For God’s sake, do not click pictures or make videos during your ...02:06 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019