JUI-F's Mufti Kifayatullah accused of inciting public freed on bail
ISLAMABAD - The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Thursday granted bail Mufti Kifayatullah, a firebrand leader of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), in a case related to anti-state provocative speech.
Kifayatullah was arrested by the Islamabad police on Sunday on charges of making inflammatory statements against the state institution and inciting people to join the JUI-F-led protest rally against the government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, which they claim came into power through rigged elections.
A two-member bench of the high court, comprising Justice Ijaz Anwar and Justice Shakeel Ahmad heard the bail petition and ordered the release of the JUI-F leader.
He has been detained at Haripur Central Jail and will be freed once the authorities will get the court orders regarding his bail.
He would participate in the so-called Azadi March, which is about to reach the federal capital, once he is released from the jail.
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019