Cut in oil prices for August not approved due to PM's ouster
The Ministry of Finance on Monday issued a statement that prices of petroleum products will not be changed due to special circumstances, until the approval of a competent authority can be obtained.
The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra) sends a summary for price adjustment every month to the Ministry of Finance, which approves it after getting the consent of the Chief Executive of the country.
This is the first time that the relief regarding decreased international oil prices will not be extended to consumers by the bureaucracy.
During last week, Ogra had recommended the government to reduce the petrol price by Rs3.67 per litre and High Speed Diesel by Rs5.07 per litre for the month of August.
It also asked the government to hike kerosene price by Rs13 per litre and Light Diesel Oil (LDO) by Rs10.01 per litre.
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Pakistan FM to attend emergency OIC session on Palestine11:13 PM | 14 May, 2021
- COAS Bajwa vows to maintain hard-earned peace in areas along Western ...10:00 PM | 14 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021