Cut in oil prices for August not approved due to PM's ouster
The Ministry of Finance on Monday issued a statement that prices of petroleum products will not be changed due to special circumstances, until the approval of a competent authority can be obtained.
The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra) sends a summary for price adjustment every month to the Ministry of Finance, which approves it after getting the consent of the Chief Executive of the country.
This is the first time that the relief regarding decreased international oil prices will not be extended to consumers by the bureaucracy.
During last week, Ogra had recommended the government to reduce the petrol price by Rs3.67 per litre and High Speed Diesel by Rs5.07 per litre for the month of August.
It also asked the government to hike kerosene price by Rs13 per litre and Light Diesel Oil (LDO) by Rs10.01 per litre.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...07:40 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 November 202007:20 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020