Imran Khan invites Aamir Khan, Gavaskar, Kapil Dev to oath ceremony: Indian media
On July 30, Indian PM Modi had telephoned Imran Khan and congratulated him on his party’s victory in the July 25 elections.
Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf emerged as the single largest party in Pakistan's national assembly after the July 25 general election in the country. However, it is still short of numbers to form the government on its own.
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is reportedly in talks with other political parties and independent candidates in a bid to woo them to join its ranks to form a coalition government at the centre.
There were earlier reports that Imran Khan is considering inviting leaders of SAARC countries, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi to his oath-taking ceremony, but it was rebuffed later by his party.
However, Fawad Chaudhry, the PTI spokesman, tweeted: “Media speculations about international dignitaries attending PM oath ceremony are not correct.” “We have sought the advice of Foreign Office on the matter and will decide accordingly,” he added.
PM Modi had called Imran Khan to congratulate him on his party's victory in the general elections in Pakistan and hoped that "Pakistan and India will work to open a new chapter in bilateral ties". Imran Khan in his victory speech had also said that better relations between Pakistan and India would be "good for all of us".
Ties between India and Pakistan have remained tense since the Mumbai terror attack in 2008.
Former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif had travelled to Delhi to attend PM Modi's oath-taking ceremony and PM Modi had made a stopover in Lahore in December 2015 to greet his counterpart on his birthday.
Imran Khan to take oath as PM in Aiwan-e-Sadr: PTI 09:23 PM | 1 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Talking to newsmen, PTI Spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry said we are in contact with MQM-P and others. He hoped ...
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021