Pakistan refutes Indian media propaganda over Kartarpur corridor
“We are deeply dismayed at the relentless negative propaganda campaign being waged by a section of the Indian media against Pakistan on the `Kartarpur Corridor' Initiative,” the Foreign Office said in a statement.
"Those seeking to sow negativity around this initiative for partisan purposes or due to their known anti-Pakistan proclivities would not succeed in their designs," it added.
“The Government of Pakistan will continue do what is right for advancing this noble initiative. The inauguration of the Corridor project on both sides has created another moment of hope for the peoples of India and Pakistan. We hope every effort would be made to preserve and take forward the Kartarpur Spirit,” it emphasized.
The Government and people of Pakistan fully shared their joy on this historic breakthrough and solemnly affirmed that they would make every possible contribution to a befitting celebration of the auspicious occasion of Baba Guru Nanak's 550th birth anniversary in 2019, it added.
The Foreign office expressed the pleasure that the distinguished guests from India, both from the
Centre and from Punjab, were able to join Prime Minister Imran Khan during the ground-breaking
ceremony at Kartarpur on November 28.
Pakistan would now proceed with the development of the physical infrastructure for the corridor on its side of the international border.
“We also look forward to working out necessary details and modalities with the Indian side
concerning the passage through the Corridor,” it said.
- Govt all set to launch Orange Line Train: Asim Bajwa05:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani security forces kill 4 terrorists in Balochistan: ISPR04:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan calls for judicial inquiry into civilians' killing in ...04:33 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- 645 new Coronavirus cases reported; seven deaths in past 24 hours04:23 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- How to check 10th Class Result 2020 Online via SMS on Mobile03:21 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston reunite for a virtual reading of Fast ...11:59 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020