FM Qureshi in Colombo on two-day official visit
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Sunday reached Sri Lanka on a two-day official visit where he is scheduled to call on President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Upon his arrival in Colombo, he was received by Ambassador P Selvaraj, Additional Secretary Bilateral Affairs (East), Ministry of Foreign Affairs Sri Lanka, Pakistan High Commission in Sri Lanka in a tweet said.
According to a curtain raiser earlier shared by Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal on his twitter account on Sunday, during his call on, the foreign minister would felicitate the new Sri Lankan leadership.
"The foreign minister will have separate meeting with his newly-appointed Sri Lankan counterpart, Foreign Minister Dinesh Gunawardena.
The two sides will exchange views on the entire gamut of bilateral relations and matters pertaining to regional and international issues," the curtain raiser said which was also shared on the popular social media tool by Pakistan High Commission in Colombo.
It further said Pakistan and Sri Lanka enjoyed close, cordial ties based on mutual trust and understanding.
"The bilateral relationship is broad-based and multifaceted, covering diverse fields including political, trade, commercial, defence, people to people contacts and cultural exchanges. High level visits are a regular feature of Pakistan-Sri Lankan relations."
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019